Location: Galapagos

Today I woke up at 5:45 and got out of bed at 6 and ready for the day. We had breakfast at 7:00 downstairs; then our bus came at 7:30 to pick us up for our adventure. I was excited. We got on the bus and met our guide. He was very nice. The bus ride was 45 minutes to where we got on the boat. There were two couples from Australia on the boat with us. Jill and I got on the boat first and went up to the top. It was a nice boat, and I liked our group. After everybody got on the boat, we were told to get ready to go snorkeling. I haven’t been snorkeling in so long, and I wanted to see the sea lions and all the fish. We had to get into a smaller boat that took us out to where we got in the water. The water was a little cold when I first got in, but I loved it. Everybody was so happy, and the guide pointed out things that I wouldn’t have been able to see. When I was swimming all by myself, I saw a big sea lion swim right next to me, and then the guide told us all to come over and see the white tipped reef shark. There were three big ones and one baby. After that, I was swimming back to the small boat and saw a turtle. Then everybody got back onto the big boat and went up to the roof to lay in the sun. While laying on the roof, the captain asked us if we wanted to drive the boat for a little. Jill and I did, it was a lot of fun, and after that, it was time for lunch. After lunch, we had a few minutes before we would get off the boat and explore some of the islands. The island we went to was called South Plaza Island. When we got to the island, there were a lot of sea lions and iguanas. We walked around the whole island, and it was cool to see everything. There was one part that was high up with lots of rocks at the bottom. We got to see one big sea lion coming up the rocks, and that was my favorite part and seeing all the waves. After we finished walking around, we went back to the boat and made our way home. It was a really interesting day, and I loved it.