Life is uncertain so it’s important for students and parents to consider protecting their tuition investment for our teen travel programs.
Purchasing Tuition & Travel Protection Insurance provides coverage for unexpected travel emergencies including medical, airline and trip interruption coverage. In many cases, you can also select a cancel for any reason policy that allows an additional degree of flexibility should your plans change before the summer. Options are dependent on where you live, so scroll down the page to learn more about purchasing insurance for our teen travel programs.
Our most commonly selected insurance package is the TripMate Tuition & Travel Protection Insurance and is available for U.S. residents.
TripMate’s insurance policy provides tuition protection in addition to coverage for unexpected travel emergencies, accident and sickness medical expense benefits, airline* and trip interruption coverage.
Please note that the TripMate insurance plan will only cover the cost of your flights to and from our teen travel programs under very specific circumstances. For this reason, we suggest that you insure the cost of your flights directly through the airlines.
What is the cost?
- $390 for residents of the U.S. except NY State. This policy includes 100% tuition refund if you cancel for a covered reason and offers a “Cancel for Any Reason” provision where 75% of the tuition would be refunded for any reason up to 48 hours before trip departure.
- $280 for residents of NY State. This policy includes 100% tuition refund if you cancel for a covered reason. “Cancel for Any Reason” is not a provision offered in the State of NY.
What does it cover?
The TripMate Tuition & Travel Protection Insurance provides coverage for the following:
- Trip Cancellation – Covers 100% of your trip cost for cancellation reasons such as injury, sickness, terrorist incidents, job termination, transfer of employment of 250 miles.
- Cancel for Any Reason** (not available to residents of NY State) – If you cancel your trip for any reason not otherwise covered by this policy, TripMate will reimburse you for 75% of the unused non-refundable prepaid expenses for travel arrangements you paid for your trip.
- Trip Interruption – Covers up to 125% of your trip cost if your program is interrupted for covered reasons such as injury, sickness, terrorist incidents, job termination & transfer of employment of 250 miles.
- Medical Expenses – Covers for accident and sickness medical expenses up to $100,000 USD.
- Baggage – Up to $1000 for damage, lost, or stolen personal articles.
What About Covid-19?
The Trip Mate policy is underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company, and they are closely monitoring developments regarding COVID-19 (the Coronavirus). We understand and appreciate that our customers are looking for information to help them understand more about their Travel Protection Plans and the possible coverage provided in the context of the current COVID-19 outbreak. This is a very challenging situation for people across the globe, and we share your concerns about the impact of the pandemic on the health and well-being of our traveling public.
While this is a fluid situation and subject to change, we would like to share some general information regarding the Travel Protection Plan you may have in force. Please keep in mind, however, that all Plans are different, so it is imperative for you to read your Plan Document and contact your Travel Administrator if you have any questions related to your specific coverage.
How do I enroll?
You can enroll for the TripMate Tuition & Travel Protection Insurance in two different ways:
- During your enrollment process– On step 4 of the ActionQuest enrollment application you’ll have the option to select this insurance, and the premium will be added to your trip deposit at that time.
- After application and initial deposit– While most families select insurance at the time they initially enroll, there are opportunities to enroll at a later date. In order to be eligible to purchase insurance:
1. In all cases, you must purchase before full tuition has been paid.
2. If you enrolled and deposited for a program that starts 60 days or more from the date on which you deposited, payment for the insurance plan must be received PRIOR TO 60 days before the trip start date.
3. If you enrolled and deposited for a program that starts within 60 days of the date on which you deposited, payment for the insurance plan must be received within 14 days of your deposit date.
4. In all cases, trip cancellation must occur more than 48 hrs before the trip start date.
How do I initiate a claim?
If you selected to purchase the TripMate Trip Cancellation Insurance and need to initiate a claim, please contact TripMate directly on 1.800.888.7292 or go click on the button below. Please note that our plan number is F436A.
We will work with TripMate to provide them with the details about your enrollment and they will refund all of the appropriate deposit and tuition amounts directly to you.
If you need to download a copy of your policy documents you can do so by clicking HERE
TripMate offers a specific policy for those students joining us from Canada.
Similar in many ways to the US version of the TripMate policy, the Canadian version provides coverage for unexpected travel emergencies including medical, evacuation (medical & non-medical), airline, and trip interruption coverage. This policy is available both with or without a “cancel for any reason” provision and is most beneficial when purchased within 21-days of initial trip deposit as it then covers pre-existing conditions.
What Does It Cover?
The primary benefits of this TripMate insurance package are as follows.
- Trip Cancellation Up to 100% Trip Cost
- Trip Interruption Up to 100% Trip Cost
- Accident and Sickness Medical Expense $1,000,000
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation $250,000
- Non Medical Emergency Evacuation $50,000
- Travel Delay $1,000 ($150/day – 12 hours)
- Missed Connection $750 (3 hours)
- Baggage & Personal Effects $1,500
- Baggage Delay $500 (12 hours)
- Pre-Existing Conditions Exclusion waiver if purchased within 21 days of deposit
What is the Cost?
The cost of the insurance is dependent on both the cost and duration of the adventure, but also takes into account the student’s age and state of residence.
To receive an instant quote, click on the link to launch the TripMate web page and enter details of the trip that you are considering.
How Do I Enroll?
Since there are rules governing when you are eligible to enroll for insurance, we recommend that you don’t delay and sign up the same day you are accepted into an ActionQuest teen travel program. We’ll email you information about the policy yet the easiest and quickest way is to click on the link below.
Non U.S. or Canadian Residents
Abroad Insurance offers a policy for those students joining us from countries other than the U.S. or Canada.
Similar in many ways to the TripMate policy, Abroad Insurance provides coverage for unexpected travel emergencies including medical, evacuation (medical & non-medical), airline* and trip interruption coverage. One difference to note however is that the Abroad Insurance does not have any provision for cancel for any reason coverage.
What is the cost?
The cost of the insurance is dependent on both the cost and duration of the adventure.
To receive an instant quote, click on the link to launch the Abroad Insurance web page and enter details of the trip that you are considering.
What does it cover?
- Trip Cancellation – Tour Cost to a maximum of: $12,000 (up to adventure cost)
- Trip Interruption – Tour Cost to a maximum of: $12,000 (up to adventure cost)
- Trip Delay / Missed Connection – Up to $600 per Person; $200 Daily Limit
- Medical Expense – $100,000
- Medical Evacuation / Repatriation – $100,000
- Lost Baggage / Personal Effects – $1,000
- Baggage Delay – $200
- 24-Hour AD&D – $10,000
- Common Carrier AD&D – $25,000
- Travel Assistance Services – Included
How do I enroll?
Since there are rules governing when you are eligible to enroll for insurance, we recommend that you don’t delay and sign up the same day you are accepted into an GoBeyond teen travel program. We’ll email you information about the policy yet you can always come to this page at that time and click on the link below.